Diesel Aftertreatment Regen Systems Diagnostics
Topic: Diesel After Treatment & Regen Systems Operation & Diagnostics
Dates: 05/24/2023 & 05/25/2023
Time: 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm Mountain
|05/24 & 05/25/2023||Wed/Thurs||Virtual||Diesel After Treatment Regen Systems Diagnostics||6:00 pm to 9:30 pm||Mountain|
DATE: Wednesday, May 24th & Thursday, May 25th
TIME: 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm Mountain
COST IS: $279.00
Get the latest procedures for diagnosing the Diesel Aftertreatment and Regen systems. We will work with DTCs, SPNs, FMIs, Scan Data as well as interrupting illuminated dash lamps to gather diagnostic information. Other equipment such as DVOM, Pressure Testers, and DSO will be used to Pin-Point the root cause of a fault.
Normal Selective Catalysis Reduction is dependent upon a normally working Diesel Particulate Filter which is dependent upon a normally working Diesel Oxidation catalysis. All three after-treatment systems are dependent upon normal upstream operation. The entire system is linear. Small upstream problems cause large after-treatment problems. Attend the training class to avoid diesel emission headaches.
This class covers emission control systems mandated on today’s modern diesel engines. The diesel oxidation catalysis (DOC), Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), and the Selective Catalysis Reduction (SCR) (DEF) systems are plagued with problems. When a DPF regenerates too often, not at all, or has chronic Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC’s) what diagnostics procedures will help the technician find the root cause of the problem? How about the SCR system’s faults? Ammonia Slip problems can cause a vehicle to be down for days, what causes Ammonia Slip? Normal regeneration and NOx reduction begins upstream of the after treatment.
In class, we cover:
· How a small amount of face loading causes DOC’s, DPF’s, and SCR’s to be inefficient, setting multiple DTC’s that you have to deal with.
· The operation of the DOC, DFP, and SCR systems as well as their components.
· How the DOC efficiency is tested and what to do about DOC efficiency DTC’s.
· DPF regeneration detection.
· Soot loading faults.
· How DOC problems cause the DFP to fail.
· Why the DFP won’t passively, actively, manually, or force regen.
· Why the computer fails to see regeneration requirements.
· What goes wrong when regeneration can’t complete.
· The root causes of ammonia slip and its effects on the system.
· DEF delivery problems.
· How the system fails to reduce NOx by crystallization of the DEF.
· How the DPF can cause crystallization.
· Why the system fails to reduce NOx in the SCR catalyst.
· The reasons the dosing valve fails to inject the correct amount of DEF.
There are no reviews yet.